Download this cool new Istanbul extension which provides the fans of the city a new browsing experience each time they open their browser. The wallpapers are in the highest quality, and are randomized each time you open a new tab giving you a nice surprise every time. Alongside the wallpapers you get cool unique features that provide an easier internet browsing experience. The features include the weather widget, a clock widget and a search bar. Tell your travel loving friends all about this extension!
Istanbul, which was formerly known as Constantinople and Byzantium, was once the seat of the throne of three big empires: The Roman Empire (330.-395.), the Byzantine Empire (395.-1453.) and the Ottoman Empire (1453.-1923.). After the forming of the modern Republic of Turkey, Ankara was declared its capital. Despite Ankara being the capital, Istanbul is still Turkey’s cultural and commercial center. It was chosen as a European capital of culture for 2010.
It was founded under the name Byzantion, around 660 BCE, and has become one of the most important cities in history ever since. It was reestablished as Constantinople in 330 CE, and served as an imperial capital for as long as almost 16 centuries. It was crucial in the advancement of Christianity during the Roman and Byzantine eras, before the Ottomans had conquered the city in 1453. It was then transformed into an Islamic fortress and the seat of the Ottoman Caliphate.
Around 12.56 million tourists arrived in Istanbul in 2015, five years after it was originally named a European Capital of Culture, which makes it the fifth most popular tourist destination in the world. The city has one of the fastest growing metropolitan economies on the planet. Along with it hosting the headquarters of various Turkish companies, its biggest attraction is its historic center, which is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with its natural harbor, the Golden Horn. In hopes of capitalizing upon its rapid expansion, the city has offered and bid for the Summer Olympics five times in twenty years.
Interesting facts about Istanbul:
- Being a very culture rich city, it holds mosques which you can find in every corner. There are a total of 3113 mosques in Istanbul.
- It is the only city in the world that has a half of it on two continents. One half is in Asia, and the other is in Europe. The halves are divided by the Bosporus strait.
- The amazing Hagia Sophia always stood as a great historical icon and museum today. It was actually built as an Orthodox cathedral in 537., and was converted to a mosque almost a thousand years later. Today, it’s the second most visited museum in Turkey. It was also the largest church in the world until Seville Cathedral of Spain beat its proportions.
- The city streets features one of the oldest and largest shielded markets in the world. The Grand Bazaar, which is in operation since 1461., is a shopper’s paradise with over 5000 shops and 60 streets.
- Despite the city being surrounded by sea, snow is fairly common with an annual average of 17 inches.
- During the Ottoman Empire times, it was a very hygienic city compared to the European ones. While the rest of Europe had no toilets, Istanbul had 1400 ones across the city.
This is our major update labeled 3.0. We have put great effort to make this update, with user experience on mind.
This extension is fast, secure and it will improve your browsing experience. There are no restrictions for ages, our extensions are available for all, for FREE.
Check our site for even more extensions and themes or check Chrome Web Store and search for SupertabT hemes labeled extensions.
Istanbul like all our other extensions is flexible and modular. There are tabs and modules that you can easily configure, show or hide within one simple Settings panel.
Now, we have added Must-Have Related Themes, so you can find new and popular themes without leaving your tab!
So, what features do you get?
Wallpapers and settings
Istanbul is packed with high quality HD wallpapers, art and drawings from various places and authors, some are very popular.
Background module is simple to use and intuitive: Click on “Star” on top of wallpaper thumbnail to make it Favorite. Pick few of them if you want.
Choose how to shuffle wallpapers: –
- Shuffle all images
- Shuffle ONLY favorite images
- Make it random on every new tab
And that’s not all! Pick transitions between changes or pick time to change wallpaper automatically!
Productivity tabs ***NEW***
To help you stay productive, we have added tabs in upper left part of screen.
- Most visited : simple and easy list of your most visited sites, for easy navigations
- Apps : quick and easy way to access popular productivity tools and sites
- Share : Share some social love on popular sites
All of these tabs can be show or hidden from Settings panel.
Stay up-to-date with all of your important things, set alarm and organize list. Also, this panel can be turned on or off from Settings panel.
One of our new features is Notes app. It is fast, simple and very convenient for you to make quick reminders, directly on browser window. It is movable – simply click and drag on any part of screen. When you are done, you can delete them. You can hide or show Notes from Settings panel.
Settings panel and Support tab
Settings panel is now simple, easy to use and powerful with new options.
From there, you can control look of your browser tab – hide all apps or pick one you choose.
You can choose animations, slideshow, or set countdown for any topic you want.
Bellow Settings and also in bottom right part of screen there is Support links for FAQ, New updates, Feedback page or Uninstall extensions.
You can always drop us a line on our Contact page, if you have any wishes or you would like to see some new extension or wallpaper.
We also encourage you to Rate our extension and leave us a Five-star rating on Chrome web store. To do so, click on Rate link on top left.
To remove extension from your browser, follow this steps:
- Click on Chrome Setting menu (three dots) on right upper part of screen.
- In opened menu, click on Settings
- In newly opened page, click “Extensions”
- Find extension you want to remove and click on Trashcan icon
- Extension is removed.
You can also Right-click on the Istanbul icon on the toolbar and click on “Remove from Chrome…”
Another way is to click on Support tab in right bottom and select “Uninstall”.
We do not represent official app of any product. Our extensions are made by the fans, for the fans. Our extensions are FREE for use and we are not sponsored or endorsed by any of mentioned companies and their trademarks. Some part of our extensions may contain ads. Since wallpapers are founded around the web, please contact us if you own copyright and image will be removed.