With this Iceland extension fans will enjoy a huge selection of the wallpapers for their browsers. All of the wallpapers are in high definition and will fit perfectly to your Chrome browser and give it a fresh new look. The wallpapers cycle randomly. They will surprise you each time you open a new tab page. Along with the wallpapers you get unique features that enhance your internet browsing experience. Those features include the clock widget, a weather widget, and a brand new search widget. Share your gratitude by sending this to your friends if you like the extension!
Iceland is an island country in the North Atlantic, located between Greenland, Norway and the British Isles. The Nordic country has a population of 357,050 and an area of 40 000 square miles. Its low density makes it the most sparsely populated country in Europe. The capital of Iceland, along with its surrounding areas, is home to the most of the population. That area is populated by two thirds of the population of the whole country. The island country is volcanically and geologically active. Iceland has a temperate climate, despite the high latitude just outside the Arctic Circle, and is warmed by the Gulf Stream.
The settlement of Iceland began in 874 AD, when the Norwegians together with their chieftain Ingólfr Arnarson became the very first permanent settlers on the island. Centuries later, the settlers were other Scandinavians, and more Norwegians, which brought Gaelic thralls (servants) with them. The region was governed under the Althing, one of the oldest functioning legislative assemblies in the world. It acceded to the rule of Norwegians in the 13th century, after a period of civil strife. Iceland followed the union of other Scandinavian countries, Kalmar Union, which consisted of Norway, Denmark, and Sweden. After a long struggle for independence, it culminated in independence in 1918. THe republic regime was founded in 1944.
Interesting facts about the country:
- Iceland was settled by the vikings from Norway in the 800s, which makes it a fairly young country. Proof of this is that the Icelandic horses today are unique in the sense that they are direct descendants from the Viking horses.
- The very first parliament grounds in Europe have their home in Iceland. The parliament first met in Þingvellir National Park in 930 AD, and has since been a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Þingvellir National Park is the only place, beside Africa, in the world where you can see two of the earth’s tectonic plates, the North American and Eurasian, meet right above the surface of the earth. The plates roughly move 2cm every year.
- It is very geologically active country, with more than 125 volcanic mountains, of which a handful are still active, and even more that could easily be awaken to become active.
- There is a volcanic eruption on Iceland once every 4 years, but the frequency has increased in the past years. The most notable one is Eyjafjallajokull. A good portion of the country is covered in lava field.
- The island country was formed by the most harsh of phenomena: volcanoes and glaciers, which chew up the land and gouged deep valleys, meaning forests are a rare occasion. Trees do grow in Iceland, but when the Vikings arrived, they forested a big portion of it, cutting down almost all the native trees.
- Iceland is one of the most eco–friendly countries. The nation harnesses geothermal and hydro energies to power the most of the country.
- The Iceland language is completely unique, even though it is very close to ones like Norwegian and Danish. For the longest time that it has existed, it remained almost identical to its roots.
- There are no McDonalds fast food restaurants in Iceland.
- Something quite controversial, but Iceland is one of just a few countries that allows commercial whaling.
- The country has virtually no violent crime, and very little crime altogether. The standing army is nonexistent, and the police officers do not carry guns
This is our major update labeled 3.0. We have put great effort to make this update, with user experience on mind.
This extension is fast, secure and it will improve your browsing experience. There are no restrictions for ages, our extensions are available for all, for FREE.
Check our site for even more extensions and themes or check Chrome Web Store and search for SupertabT hemes labeled extensions.
Iceland like all our other extensions is flexible and modular. There are tabs and modules that you can easily configure, show or hide within one simple Settings panel.
Now, we have added Must-Have Related Themes, so you can find new and popular themes without leaving your tab!
So, what features do you get?
Wallpapers and settings
Iceland is packed with high quality HD wallpapers, art and drawings from various places and authors, some are very popular.
Background module is simple to use and intuitive: Click on “Star” on top of wallpaper thumbnail to make it Favorite. Pick few of them if you want.
Choose how to shuffle wallpapers: –
- Shuffle all images
- Shuffle ONLY favorite images
- Make it random on every new tab
And that’s not all! Pick transitions between changes or pick time to change wallpaper automatically!
Productivity tabs ***NEW***
To help you stay productive, we have added tabs in upper left part of screen.
- Most visited : simple and easy list of your most visited sites, for easy navigations
- Apps : quick and easy way to access popular productivity tools and sites
- Share : Share some social love on popular sites
All of these tabs can be show or hidden from Settings panel.
Stay up-to-date with all of your important things, set alarm and organize list. Also, this panel can be turned on or off from Settings panel.
One of our new features is Notes app. It is fast, simple and very convenient for you to make quick reminders, directly on browser window. It is movable – simply click and drag on any part of screen. When you are done, you can delete them. You can hide or show Notes from Settings panel.
Settings panel and Support tab
Settings panel is now simple, easy to use and powerful with new options.
From there, you can control look of your browser tab – hide all apps or pick one you choose.
You can choose animations, slideshow, or set countdown for any topic you want.
Bellow Settings and also in bottom right part of screen there is Support links for FAQ, New updates, Feedback page or Uninstall extensions.
You can always drop us a line on our Contact page, if you have any wishes or you would like to see some new extension or wallpaper.
We also encourage you to Rate our extension and leave us a Five-star rating on Chrome web store. To do so, click on Rate link on top left.
To remove extension from your browser, follow this steps:
- Click on Chrome Setting menu (three dots) on right upper part of screen.
- In opened menu, click on Settings
- In newly opened page, click “Extensions”
- Find extension you want to remove and click on Trashcan icon
- Extension is removed.
You can also Right-click on the Iceland icon on the toolbar and click on “Remove from Chrome…”
Another way is to click on Support tab in right bottom and select “Uninstall”.
We do not represent official app of any product. Our extensions are made by the fans, for the fans. Our extensions are FREE for use and we are not sponsored or endorsed by any of mentioned companies and their trademarks. Some part of our extensions may contain ads. Since wallpapers are founded around the web, please contact us if you own copyright and image will be removed.