With this Hong Kong extension fans will enjoy a huge selection of the wallpapers for their browsers. All of the wallpapers are in high definition and will fit perfectly to your Chrome browser and give it a fresh new look. The wallpapers cycle randomly. They will surprise you each time you open a new tab page. Along with the wallpapers you get unique features that enhance your internet browsing experience. Those features include the clock widget, a weather widget, and a brand new search widget. Share your gratitude by sending this to your friends as well!
Hong Kong, or officially, the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China. It is located on the eastern side of the Pearl River estuary in southern China. The population in Hong Kong comes from various nationalities, with over 7,4 million people living on a 426 square mile territory. That makes Hong Kong the world’s fourth most densely populated region.
After the Qing Empire ceded Hong Kong Island after the First Opium War back in 1842, Hong Kong became a colony of the British Empire.The entire colonized region, together with the Kowloon Peninsula was transferred to China in 1997. Hong Kong is separate from that of mainland China, and is a special administrative region with its own political and judicial system along with Macau. The people of Hong Kong refer to themselves and identify more as Hongkongers rather than Chinese.
At first, Hong Kong was merely a sparsely populated area of villages made up of farmers and fishers, but has since those times become one of the world’s most significant financial centers. In terms of trading, it is the world’s seventh largest trading entity, and the Hong Kong dollar, is the world’s 13th most traded currency. Hong Kong faces increasing income inequality, despite the city having one of the highest per capita incomes in the world. It has the largest number of wealthy people than any other city in the world.
Interesting facts about Hong Kong:
- The city has the largest number of skyscrapers in the world. Most of them surround Victoria Harbour. It has more than 1200 skyscrapers, which is 4 times more than New York.
- Hong Kong has one of the highest life expectancies in the world, with the average being 81 for men and 86 for women.
- The name of the city literally translates to fragnant harbor, derived from the Chinese words heung and gong. It is believed that the name was given due to its former export of fragnances.
- The Tsing Ma Bridge is the longest rail suspension bridge in the world. It’s span is 4500 feet, which makes it longer than the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Hong Kong is the home of legends of World Cinema, Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee.
- Around three fourths of the city is actually rural, with 24 parks, reservoirs. The coastline is easily accessible from the city.
- Hong Kong offers a daily light and sound show, “A symphony of Lights”. According to the Guinness World Records, it’s the world’s biggest permanent light and sound show, which lasts for about 14 minutes.
- Along with Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee, it is home to Charles Kao, the man behind the Fiber Optic Cable. Widely named the “Father of Fiber Optic Communications”, he won the Nobel Prize in physics in 2009.
- Hongkongers are considered the most intelligent in the world, as they have the highest IQ compared to all the other world countries. The average IQ level is 107.
- Hong Kong is famous for being a city where 90% of all trips are taken on the very advanced and controlled public transport. It transports five million passengers daily.
This is our major update labeled 3.0. We have put great effort to make this update, with user experience on mind.
This extension is fast, secure and it will improve your browsing experience. There are no restrictions for ages, our extensions are available for all, for FREE.
Check our site for even more extensions and themes or check Chrome Web Store and search for SupertabT hemes labeled extensions.
Hong Kong like all our other extensions is flexible and modular. There are tabs and modules that you can easily configure, show or hide within one simple Settings panel.
Now, we have added Must-Have Related Themes, so you can find new and popular themes without leaving your tab!
So, what features do you get?
Wallpapers and settings
Hong Kong is packed with high quality HD wallpapers, art and drawings from various places and authors, some are very popular.
Background module is simple to use and intuitive: Click on “Star” on top of wallpaper thumbnail to make it Favorite. Pick few of them if you want.
Choose how to shuffle wallpapers: –
- Shuffle all images
- Shuffle ONLY favorite images
- Make it random on every new tab
And that’s not all! Pick transitions between changes or pick time to change wallpaper automatically!
Productivity tabs ***NEW***
To help you stay productive, we have added tabs in upper left part of screen.
- Most visited : simple and easy list of your most visited sites, for easy navigations
- Apps : quick and easy way to access popular productivity tools and sites
- Share : Share some social love on popular sites
All of these tabs can be show or hidden from Settings panel.
Stay up-to-date with all of your important things, set alarm and organize list. Also, this panel can be turned on or off from Settings panel.
One of our new features is Notes app. It is fast, simple and very convenient for you to make quick reminders, directly on browser window. It is movable – simply click and drag on any part of screen. When you are done, you can delete them. You can hide or show Notes from Settings panel.
Settings panel and Support tab
Settings panel is now simple, easy to use and powerful with new options.
From there, you can control look of your browser tab – hide all apps or pick one you choose.
You can choose animations, slideshow, or set countdown for any topic you want.
Bellow Settings and also in bottom right part of screen there is Support links for FAQ, New updates, Feedback page or Uninstall extensions.
You can always drop us a line on our Contact page, if you have any wishes or you would like to see some new extension or wallpaper.
We also encourage you to Rate our extension and leave us a Five-star rating on Chrome web store. To do so, click on Rate link on top left.
To remove extension from your browser, follow this steps:
- Click on Chrome Setting menu (three dots) on right upper part of screen.
- In opened menu, click on Settings
- In newly opened page, click “Extensions”
- Find extension you want to remove and click on Trashcan icon
- Extension is removed.
You can also Right-click on the Hong Kong icon on the toolbar and click on “Remove from Chrome…”
Another way is to click on Support tab in right bottom and select “Uninstall”.
We do not represent official app of any product. Our extensions are made by the fans, for the fans. Our extensions are FREE for use and we are not sponsored or endorsed by any of mentioned companies and their trademarks. Some part of our extensions may contain ads. Since wallpapers are founded around the web, please contact us if you own copyright and image will be removed.