With this Gandalf extension fans of the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit will enjoy a huge selection of the wallpapers for their browsers. All of the wallpapers are in high definition and will fit perfectly to your Chrome browser and give it a fresh new look. The wallpapers cycle randomly. They will surprise you each time you open a new tab page. Along with the wallpapers you get unique features that enhance your internet browsing experience. Those features include the clock widget, a weather widget, and a brand new search widget. Share your gratitude by sending this to your friends as well!
We present to you, Gandalf, a character from J.R.R. Tolkien’s fantasy novels and his imaginary mythlogy. He appears in the Hobbit, Lord of the Rings and Unfinished Tales of Númenor and Middle-earth books. From Norse, his name translates to “Elf of the Wand“, or “Wand-elf”. Gandalf the Grey, and later know as Gandalf the White, was an Istar (a wizard) who was sent by the West to combat the threat of Sauron in the Third Age. Thorin and his company were joined by him to reclaim the Lonely Mountain from Smaug, a fire drake considered to be the last “great” dragon to exist in Middle-earth. They also convoked the Fellowship of the Ring to de stroy the One Ring, and led the Free Peoples in the the War of the Ring.
Gandalf was one of the older wizads who were sent to Middle-earth to fight Sauron. During his 2,000 year stay in Middle-earth, he began understanding the ways of lives of the citizens there, especially that of the Hobbits. He constantly worked on plans which would fight Sauron’s reign and he alone began a chain of events who resulted in the fall of the Lord of the Darkness in the end.
When he first arrived to Middle-earth, he recieved the ring of fire, Narya, from Cirdan the Shipwright. He was renamed Gandalf, and spent many centuries walking among the elves as an outcast and stranger, learning from them and teaching them. He eventually became known as the wisest and most powerful of the Istari order, after he revealed himself to belong to it. The presence of dark powers in Dol Guldur resulted in the creation of the White Council, which Gandalf joined. Galadriel wanted Gandalf to become the leader of the White Council, but Saruman came to lead it instead.
Fun facts about Gandalf:
- Being of a race called Maiar, he can change forms and has different abilities. Those include manipulating fire, casting light, telekinesis, telepathy and smoke creation.
- He was originally afraid of Sauron, so he did not want to go to Middle-earth, but he was chosen to do so nonetheless.
- Apart from being Maiar, he is of the Maia origin, which means his spirit is immortal, but his body is not. His death and rebirth as Gandalf the White when fighting Balrog shows this.
- The fight with Balrog lasted for 10 days.
- Unlike Sauron who was the embodiment of evil, Gandalf was the embodiment of good.
- He finds the Glamdring sword while with Bilbo and the dwarves, a sword which had ben lost for 6,000 years, and he wields it until they destroy The Ring.
- He was refered to with 15 different names while in Middle-earth.
- His appearance is inspired and was based upon a postcard that J.R.R. Tolkien originally bought in Switzerland.
- Of the 5 Maiar sent to Middle-earth, Gandalf is the only one who stayed true to his mission.
- J.R.R. Tolkien never stated the limits of Gandalf’s magic powers. But he is definitely more powerful than ever demonstrated in Middle-earth.
This is our major update labeled 3.0. We have put great effort to make this update, with user experience on mind.
This extension is fast, secure and it will improve your browsing experience. There are no restrictions for ages, our extensions are available for all, for FREE.
Check our site for even more extensions and themes or check Chrome Web Store and search for SupertabT hemes labeled extensions.
Gandalf like all our other extensions is flexible and modular. There are tabs and modules that you can easily configure, show or hide within one simple Settings panel.
Now, we have added Must-Have Related Themes, so you can find new and popular themes without leaving your tab!
So, what features do you get?
Wallpapers and settings
Gandalf is packed with high quality HD wallpapers, art and drawings from various places and authors, some are very popular.
Background module is simple to use and intuitive: Click on “Star” on top of wallpaper thumbnail to make it Favorite. Pick few of them if you want.
Choose how to shuffle wallpapers: –
- Shuffle all images
- Shuffle ONLY favorite images
- Make it random on every new tab
And that’s not all! Pick transitions between changes or pick time to change wallpaper automatically!
Productivity tabs ***NEW***
To help you stay productive, we have added tabs in upper left part of screen.
- Most visited : simple and easy list of your most visited sites, for easy navigations
- Apps : quick and easy way to access popular productivity tools and sites
- Share : Share some social love on popular sites
All of these tabs can be show or hidden from Settings panel.
Stay up-to-date with all of your important things, set alarm and organize list. Also, this panel can be turned on or off from Settings panel.
One of our new features is Notes app. It is fast, simple and very convenient for you to make quick reminders, directly on browser window. It is movable – simply click and drag on any part of screen. When you are done, you can delete them. You can hide or show Notes from Settings panel.
Settings panel and Support tab
Settings panel is now simple, easy to use and powerful with new options.
From there, you can control look of your browser tab – hide all apps or pick one you choose.
You can choose animations, slideshow, or set countdown for any topic you want.
Bellow Settings and also in bottom right part of screen there is Support links for FAQ, New updates, Feedback page or Uninstall extensions.
You can always drop us a line on our Contact page, if you have any wishes or you would like to see some new extension or wallpaper.
We also encourage you to Rate our extension and leave us a Five-star rating on Chrome web store. To do so, click on Rate link on top left.
To remove extension from your browser, follow this steps:
- Click on Chrome Setting menu (three dots) on right upper part of screen.
- In opened menu, click on Settings
- In newly opened page, click “Extensions”
- Find extension you want to remove and click on Trashcan icon
- Extension is removed.
You can also Right-click on the Gandalf icon on the toolbar and click on “Remove from Chrome…”
Another way is to click on Support tab in right bottom and select “Uninstall”.
We do not represent official app of any product. Our extensions are made by the fans, for the fans. Our extensions are FREE for use and we are not sponsored or endorsed by any of mentioned companies and their trademarks. Some part of our extensions may contain ads. Since wallpapers are founded around the web, please contact us if you own copyright and image will be removed.