With this Vikings extension fans will enjoy a huge selection of the wallpapers for their browsers. All of the wallpapers are in high definition and will fit perfectly to your Chrome browser and give it a fresh new look. The wallpapers cycle randomly. They will surprise you each time you open a new tab page. Along with the wallpapers you get unique features that enhance your internet browsing experience. Those features include the clock widget, the weather widget and many more. Share your gratitude by sending this to your friends aswell!
Vikings is a historical drama TV series created by Michael Hirst. It is filmed in ireland, and made for the History channel. The first episode aired in 2013 in Canada. The shows final 20 episode season was announced in January 2019. The show is mainly based around the sagas of the famous Viking Ragnar Lothbrok, one of the legendary heroes from the Nordic lands, whow is also notorious as the scourge of France and England. Ragnar is portrayed as a farmer who rises to his fame by many successful raids into England. He ultimately becomes a Scandinavian King. The seasons after his death follow his sons and their fortunes, and adventures in England, Mediterranean and, ofcourse, Scandinavia.
The show is based and centered around the tales of the Norsemen in medieval Scandinavia. Norse sagas are partially fictional based in the Norse oral tradition, which were written down only 200-400 years after the events they describe actually occurred. The story follows the pillages and exploits of the Viking chieftain Ragnar Lothbrok, who travels with his crew, family, and descendants, as it was written down in the sagas from the 13th century. The beggining of the series marks the begining of the Viking Age, and the Lindisfarne raid in 793.
Fun facts about the show:
– The show is a “dual” production between the Irish and the Canadian one. The filming location chosen is The Emerald Isle, due to its resemblance to the Scandinavian area.
– The 9 women in the opening credits, represent the daughters of Ran, who are a symbol of the waves
– Due to very positive response from the critics and viewers, the show was renewed for more seasons than it originally was concieved
– It is still not completely known whether Ragnar Lothbrok was real or is just a myth.
– Lagertha, the shield maiden, is portrayed by Katheryn Winnick, who is actually a skilled martial artist, has a 3rd degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do and a 2nd one in Karate.
– Being “Viking” is not a definition of ethnicity or nationality, it is a profession.
– Ravens in the show play a major role throughout the series. Norse mythology says that the god Odin was known to keep two ravens, Muninn and Huginn as messengers.
– When the series shows scenes that involve large groups of Norsemen, the background voices are in Danis, Icelandic, Swedish and Norwegian.
– In the show, four different dead languages were used just to give the show viewers a sense of what the Vikings would have sounded like. Those include Old Norse, Anglo-Saxon, Latin, and Old Frankish.
– The Brute force of the characters and actors is shown in an episode where Ragnar pushes a boat up a cliff with his crew. The scene was completely filmed opposed to being CGI.
– The name Floki could refer to two things. The first being the original Norse name meaning “Heroic Viking”, which has a strong similarity to the second word of Swedish origin “flokig”, describing a wierd or mildly insane person.
This is our major update labeled 3.0. We have put great effort to make this update, with user experience on mind.
This extension is fast, secure and it will improve your browsing experience. There are no restrictions for ages, our extensions are available for all, for FREE.
Check our site for even more extensions and themes or check Chrome Web Store and search for SupertabT hemes labeled extensions.
Vikings like all our other extensions is flexible and modular. There are tabs and modules that you can easily configure, show or hide within one simple Settings panel.
Now, we have added Must-Have Related Themes, so you can find new and popular themes without leaving your tab!
So, what features do you get?
Wallpapers and settings
Vikings is packed with high quality HD wallpapers, art and drawings from various places and authors, some are very popular.
Background module is simple to use and intuitive: Click on “Star” on top of wallpaper thumbnail to make it Favorite. Pick few of them if you want.
Choose how to shuffle wallpapers: –
- Shuffle all images
- Shuffle ONLY favorite images
- Make it random on every new tab
And that’s not all! Pick transitions between changes or pick time to change wallpaper automatically!
Productivity tabs ***NEW***
To help you stay productive, we have added tabs in upper left part of screen.
- Most visited : simple and easy list of your most visited sites, for easy navigations
- Apps : quick and easy way to access popular productivity tools and sites
- Share : Share some social love on popular sites
All of these tabs can be show or hidden from Settings panel.
Stay up-to-date with all of your important things, set alarm and organize list. Also, this panel can be turned on or off from Settings panel.
One of our new features is Notes app. It is fast, simple and very convenient for you to make quick reminders, directly on browser window. It is movable – simply click and drag on any part of screen. When you are done, you can delete them. You can hide or show Notes from Settings panel.
Settings panel and Support tab
Settings panel is now simple, easy to use and powerful with new options.
From there, you can control look of your browser tab – hide all apps or pick one you choose.
You can choose animations, slideshow, or set countdown for any topic you want.
Bellow Settings and also in bottom right part of screen there is Support links for FAQ, New updates, Feedback page or Uninstall extensions.
You can always drop us a line on our Contact page, if you have any wishes or you would like to see some new extension or wallpaper.
We also encourage you to Rate our extension and leave us a Five-star rating on Chrome web store. To do so, click on Rate link on top left.
To remove extension from your browser, follow this steps:
- Click on Chrome Setting menu (three dots) on right upper part of screen.
- In opened menu, click on Settings
- In newly opened page, click “Extensions”
- Find extension you want to remove and click on Trashcan icon
- Extension is removed.
You can also Right-click on the Vikings icon on the toolbar and click on “Remove from Chrome…”
Another way is to click on Support tab in right bottom and select “Uninstall”.
We do not represent official app of any product. Our extensions are made by the fans, for the fans. Our extensions are FREE for use and we are not sponsored or endorsed by any of mentioned companies and their trademarks. Some part of our extensions may contain ads. Since wallpapers are founded around the web, please contact us if you own copyright and image will be removed.